Food Facts and Fallacies
Do you know your Food Facts? Test yourself to see:
1. NEVER refreeze meat after it’s been thawed, it's unsafe.
2. Processed food typically contain high levels of salt.
3. MSG occurs naturally in food.
4. Oysters are an aphrodisiac.
5. No more than 2 percent of people suffer from food allergies.
6. You should NEVER eat after 7 p.m.
7. The definition of “healthy eating“ constantly changes.
8. Drinking ice-cold water burns calories.
9. Fresh fruit: more nutritional value than dried fruit.
10. A negative-calorie food: Celery.
11. One high-cholesterol meal raises your cholesterol level.
12. Drinking red wine is linked to headaches.
13. The other white meat: Pork.
14. Cravings: your body is talking to you, it's telling you it needs something.
15. Heart disease: caused by eating animal products.
16. Vegetarians eat the healthiest diets.
17. All Children should eat a low-fat diet.
18. Margarine is definitely better than butter.
19. If you swallow chewing gum, your body can’t digest it.
20. Eating candy will give you cavities.
All answers are false except 3, 5 and 12.